Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Party Girl

It's true. Girls just want to have fun! My sister has tried to convince me for YEARS that playing hookey every now and then is good for mental health. Too bad we had to wait for cancer to make us do it!

We started with a 5 minute radiation treatment. That is the beginning of each day, but very surreal and short. We left there and went to lunch at avanti's. Those of you who actually work during the day are missing a serious joingin of forces "doing lunch" at Avanti's! We went to Hair Depot at noon for a hair cut. Lots of caring thoughts, but even better shop talk! I go ta "pixie cut" so my hair is SHORT but sassy and cute and totally me. Even better, it looks SUPER cute iwth some of my new hats - also super cute! I told my sister I couldn't be much cuter! After a hair cut, we had to go shopping. There is a special shop at Methodist just for patients going through cancer treatment. They had great lotions, creams, hats, and lots of other things. My big sis spoiled me with new jammies and a hat and a blanket that smells likwe lavender and can be put in the microwave or freezer for extra relief. Who comes up with this stuff!? From there we went to Serenity Day Spa in East Peoria. We had full pedicures and manicures. I did a great job of not crying, but the spa ladies struggled a little. Right? Stac got roughed up a bit, but she survived with minimal scarring :) I am "sparkalicious" so my toe and fingernails are nothing but glitter! Levi is quite fascinated!

We came home and Stac made me my favorite mac n cheese, my friend gave the kids baths, Katie came by with all kinds of goodies, and I got to put my new jammies on and snuggle with my kids. Levi recently developed a love of laying next to mommy with his fingers laced through mine while we watch anhy and every episode of Shrek. Chloe curls up next to him and plays a matching game on daddy's ereader, and daddy stands back an watches his beauties and waites on my every whim. Wait, is someone feeling sorry for me? Instead, show this to your family and tell them to take notes!

What a beautiful day!
Thank you so much for all your support and love! It is felt every minute!

7 comments:

  1. I am so disappointed in myself! I did not proof read my own post! Feel free to tsk tsk my typos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had such a fun day! You deserve it!! (And you are such a teacher for tsk tsk-ing your typos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkalicious...I love it! Your sibs are amazing, and you can tell them I said so!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed yourselves! I am proud of you both for playing hookey!!!! I am also proud of your typos, it shows that you type just like the rest of us!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your haircut, Lisa! You can pull off the super-short pixie look. Glad you are pampering yourself! Thinking of you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sweetie, I am so glad you and Stacy had such a good time. You look beautiful in your new pixie cut but you are so beautiful any way your hair is. Thank you for giving me the job of taking the family pics and copying all the pics for your stationery. I know how important that is to you and how much it means to you and what it will mean to you, Chad and Cloe and Levi in years to come. Yes, I said you in years to come because I believe with all my heart that we will have our Lisa for many years to come. I love you Sweetie.....Aunt T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, You are and AWESOME YOUNG LADY. And you are beautiful in short hear, long hair, or no hair. Your beauty shines from your heart and through your eyes. God Loves you so much Lisa and so do I.
    Your Adapted Aunt Melba ( Mel )

    ReplyDelete