Monday, January 24, 2011

Complications

I am writing this blog from a room on the oncology floor at OSF. An increase in wheezing and shortness of breath led us to the emergency room for a scan which revealed a blood clot in my lung. Apparently this is a common complication with cancer patients. However, the nature of blood clots is very serious so they have admitted me for blood thinners and will be watching my vitals for a few days. I have only seen ED doctors so I will not know until tomorrow how long I will be here or how it will affect my treatment plan.

Chloe was also seen in the ED tonight. She has had a fever since Saturday and it was not responding well to meds. She was miserable! They found an ear infection and started her on an antibiotic.

Obviously, this was not in our plans! Even when our apple cart was turned over, we had some idea of what would be happening over the next couple of weeks. It seems as though we really had no idea! Chloe and Levi are with Aunt Heather tonight. The rest of my family was here with me. Chad is asleep in the fold out chair next to my bed. Tomorrow he will stay home in the evening with the kids to get some time in with them with "normalcy" and my sister will stay with me. Beyond that, we have no plan or idea what to expect. This is definitely testing my trust in God to just follow His steps!

I am very sad to say that our scrapbooking party (which I was SO looking forward to!) will have to be postponed :(

Lots of Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment