Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bald and Beautiful!

I wlil get a picture/video loaded as I figure out how :)
My hair started falling out in the shower over the weekend. I decided it was not something I wanted to mess with so my wonderful hairdresser came to my house and shaved my head! I'll let you each decide if you like it or not, but I am perfectly happy with my decision. I did not shed even one tear. It's funny how God can show us things that really matter and things that don't. I look at this as a great opportunity to show my duaghter that it is not what is on the outside that makes us beautiful. Of course, it's also a great opportuniy to rock some bling :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I told you I'd take the hair plunge with you when you started losing yours, and here's the news I"ve been waiting for that you buzzed it off!

    I have an appointment for next Thursday for a haircut, to get at least 8" cut off, and donated through the Pantene hair donation program. Mom will be there with me, and there will be pictures. =o)

    It's been 20+ years since my hair has been above my shoulders, and, your daily journey and battle reminds me that the security I find in my hair means nothing.

    So, although me donating my hair is a minimal sacrifice in the grand scheme, it's my effort to be united with you in your fight. I'm hoping that everyday when I see my new do, I remember how important family is, through thick and thin, and not to sweat the small stuff.

    I love you, and I'm praying for you all.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete