Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tough Day

I think today was it. I still have not had any nausea, but I was so tired I did not think I would be able to get out of bed. Of course, today was the day I had morning appointments and a lot of plans! Once I got up and moving, I became convinced I wouldn't make it through the day. Then I went outside. What a beautiful day! The fresh air helped me get going and the rest fell into place.
Dad was my driver for the day. We took the kids to the salon for haircuts. Miss Andrea always treats us well! Chloe got to go to school with pink and green hair gel and Levi looks like a handsome little man! Then we had to go for a chemo follow up blood draw at Pekin Hospital. I had not planned on taking the kids with us, but it took me too long to get out of the house so they had to go along. Of course, they were "unusually busy" today and we had a bit of a wait. The good news: they got me on the first stick! That almost NEVER happens! By the time we finished there it was almost time for Chloe to be at school, but she needed lunch. McDonald's! We called Mrs. Janssen and let her know Chloe would be a few minutes late and had some McD's before dropping both kids off where they belonged. We ran into some friends there on their lunch break and got some great hugs and smiles. Then dad dropped me off for a nap. Chad was still home. Turns out he wasn't feeling so well either :(
I rested until 3 then had a string of visitors. Shelly brought by the proceeds from the Valentine silent auction, Dave brought by some baklava he had saved for us, and Nikki stopped by now that she is well again.
Sue and Gregg arrived around 5 with dinner for the kids so we could go on our special date. We went to 309 at Junction City. It was a lovely dinner. On the way, I got a call from my sister. Today was a special day for her. I am sad that I missed it, but so proud of her! She won an award from the Y for Women in Leadership. It is an honor to be nominated, and she won! So on the way to dinner we got to hear all about it. The restaurant was nice and the food was good. We ended up with way more than we could eat! Their portions were very generous. It is always nice to get to have grown up time and eat a meal that is still hot! When we got home, Gregg was finishing putting up handrails on our stairs (yeah!) and the kids were playing with Sue. They had a great time so there was none of that parent guilt about leaving them :)
So... I guess my tough day turned out to be OK after all. I think if that kind of tiredness a few days after chemo is the worst I have to deal with then I can't really complain, I get nervous that maybe it's not working because I'm not "sick", but I have been assured that the meds are just that good. I guess we'll find out at our appointment tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment