Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dr. Results

So we went to the Dr. today to review the results of yesterday's post-chemo blood work. The Dr. and nurse practitioner both met with me and were happy with my report. The blood work showed that all blood counts and kidney function are in the normal range. I worried that might mean it's not working. Doc assured me that is not the case. Apparently, they have also been wondering how someone in my situation would respond to chemo. It's not often they treat "young, healthy" patients. The blood work tells them that my bone marrow is strong enough to repair itself from the chemo. That, of course, is the goal. Kill the cancer cells, let the healthy cells regenerate.

She also suggested I stop taking the anti-nausea meds regularly and just take them as needed. I think I took 1 today. Maybe 2. They have scheduled an appointment for me to receive a port which would mean fewer needle sticks, and my next chemo is scheduled for March 3rd. All good news!

I am still very tired. Today I took 2 naps. Both sleeping for a few hours. Sometimes I just rest and have quiet time, but today I slept. Doc says that will pass. Right now I have an overlap of radiation and chemo and I'm coming off the steroid. In a few days, the tiredness should improve. I won't doubt her because I have such awesome prayer warriors and an incredible support network!

Please continue to pray for my family and their health. They have a tendency to put me first and neglect their own need for rest or a dr. visit. We are also lining up a number of fundraisers so you can pray for favor and smoothness of planning. (is that even a proper phrase?)
Praise God for all the results being so positive and all the support I have. When we arrived at the clinic today, a taxi was waiting while someone received their treatment. It made me so sad that there are people who have no support network to even get a ride to treatments! We have been so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment