Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Good Husband

We have been cooped up in this hotel since lunch time Tuesday. With the storm, they have had buffets for each meal set out. The same staff have been here with us as well. Those who served breakfast were the same as those who served every other meal. There is no housekeeping service. The pool is great, but after swimming, I got leg cramps and decided it wasn't the best idea. All outside attractions are closed. Isaac will barely eat because he's not a fan of the hotel food. The "cooped up" feeling is starting to get to all of us.

So, I get cranky with the kids, we order delivery pizza which is "the best food Isaac has eaten in 4 days!" and we go to the pool to watch the kids swim. That was too hot and steamy. So my crankyness level has just about hit the roof. We finally get ready for bed and I decide I really need some chocolate. What do you mean those vending machines only have soda?! I need a snickers or chocolate ice cream. Maybe room service? What does a good husband do at this point? He takes the little girl in her jammies to the hotel lounge and has her give them a pretty face to get some carryout chocolate ice cream! It hit the spot like you wouldn't believe! Did I mention it was after 10? Now that's a good husband!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I missed out on Chicago. I was to have a dental appointment Wednesday. Now, who knows when. Sounds like you got stuck in a good place. Hotel room living is different. There is a heat wave for the weekend.
    Take Care, Ken and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute that pizza and chocolate are the key to happiness when you're quarantined in a hotel for 4 days!! I'm praying that the appointment and 2nd opinion brings some promising news for us all!

    Haircut is complete today, and donation of 10" is going in the mail tomorrow!!! I love you and love reading about your journey and adore your eternal perspective!!

    ReplyDelete