Thursday, February 10, 2011

From the Pit

I am one-handed blogging from my recliner in the chemo treatment room. Things have gone fine, but the actual iv in my veins didn't start until after noon so I will likely be here until supper time. Chad and Ry are both here with me so they can take turns if they need to. Right now there is enough space that they can both be back here with me. The daunting thing for me is sitting here for so long! Thank God for ipads and wi-fi!

The test results we were waiting for came back. There was no mutation so the pill form of chemo will be reserved for 2nd line defense. We will have a follow up with Dr. Le-Lindqwister next week and she will set us up with an appt to get a port put in so there won't be a lot of needle sticks after today. The expectation is that the next 3 days will tell what my side effect will be and how severe. In 3 weeks, I will return here and do the same thing again. Then scans, then the 3rd round. Radiation will be checked by MRI on March 14th.

Have a great day! Do something that's not sitting in a chair for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment