Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy Bee!

Monkey Joe's
6th grade lunch party
Alabama relatives
Birthday party

So much to do so little time! Those of you wondering, Monkey Joe's is definitely a fun play date. We had 3 moms (2 of them pregnant!), and 7 kids! They squealed, ran, and giggled the entire time! The price was reasonable and I never once had to climb into an inflatable myself :)

A group of 6th grade girls came for a lunch date Thursday. There are some pretty awesome 6th grade moms out there! I sat down with the girls and we were served finger sandwiches, chips, cheeses, and drinks. There was even a delicious jello cake for dessert! I didn't even lift a finger! The girls made some very special posters for me and shared some great encouragement. My favorite: When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and watch the world wonder how you did it.

My cousin and her family arrived Thursday evening from North Carolina. They have a 4 year old and a 5 month old. We had a blast getting all our kids together! I think they were a little overwhelmed, though! When we get together there are a LOT of us!

We topped off our spring break with a birthday party. Since Chloe and Levi have birthdays only a couple weeks apart, we decided this year we needed to have one party instead of two separate ones. We decided on a Sundae Bar. We got all sorts of ice cream and toppings and even a cake shaped like an ice cream cone! We played pin the cherry on the ice cream cone and indulged in every ice cream sweetness we wanted. The kids opened a million presents and a good time was had by all!

Today it's back to the grind stone and prepare for another weekend of visits. Of course, I may never actually be DONE going through toys and putting away presents!

This Thursday is a "Guest Bartender" Fundraiser at Yesterday's Bar and Grill down town. Chad and I will be there with the kids for dinner to kick the night off. We appreciate all your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment