Thursday, May 19, 2011

Road Trip!

We took a family trip north this last weekend. We went to Galena then stayed overnight in dubuque. We went back to the place Chad proposed to me and took some pictures and had dinner at the same restaurant. We walked the main street and went to some really neat shops. The best part was probably the caramel apples from the old fashioned candy store! From there we went to the hotel in dubuque. They had a huge rec area with a pool, hot tub, billiards, and ping pong. I have to tell you, Ry and i played ping pong (working around the beer pong game next to us!) and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I was laughing so hard I was crying and couldn't see to hit the ball! Now that's good medicine!
Sunday we played in the rec area more, went to lunch, and rode the world's steepest elevator. It was basically a wooden trolley car on a rail up the side of a hill. The steepest of its kind. The view from the top was great! We ended the trip with a visit to a museum/aquarium. I was completely unimpressed. They used the word aquarium for a total of about 3 fish tanks!
I was glad to get away and spend time with my family even though things didn't go quite as well as they could have.
Tonight I go to the Germantown eighth grade graduation. This Sunday I go to a high school open house. I can't believe how fast kids grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment