Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fiasco!

There is no way to describe our Thursday without the word "Fiasco"!  I was not feeling well and having a hard time moving my head. When I turned certain directions, I felt like I couldn't breathe. The Dr. Set an appointment for Thursday at 11 with the Nurse Practioner. They failed to tell me it was in the Peoria office. I showed up in Pekin at 11! They called Peoria and were able to squeeze me in so we headed over. Well at least Chad and I could have a nice lunch date, right? Wrong. They decided they needed to do a doppler (sonogram) of my port to make sure there was not a blood clot forming at the end of it. That meant back to Pekin Hospital "Stat". So our nice lunch ended up being McDonald's in the car. I know, right? We get back to Pekin, get the doppler and are waiting for the results when Chad gets a call from the preschool that Chloe has fallen and cut her head! He leaves me at the hospital to wait for the results and goes to get her. I'm sure it was traumatic for er and bled a lot, but it turned out to just be a tiny cut right in the middle of the back of her head. We comforted her and cleaned her up and she is fine, but I'm not so sure about Chad! The results came back on the sono and everything was fine. Basically, I got a new pain medicine (apparently Ibuprofen is bad for platelet counts) and told to take it easier with the water fitness until the swelling goes down more.
Needless to say, that was definitely an early bedtime night!

No comments:

Post a Comment