Friday, July 8, 2011

Hall of Fame

Friday, July 1st I hosted my 12th Hall of Fame Party. This is something I do every year for the kids who do great all year but don't get enough attention during class because of those students not doing so great. Students are able to earn "runs" all year. If they earn enough, they get an invitation in their report cards to a private party after the school year has ended. These parties generally reflect the interests of each particular class.

This year, I invited all my students since they had to deal with my circumstances and multiple subs and did so successfully. I am very impressed with my class and proud of them! We had a pool party at my house. I had some great helpers that should be put in the Hall of Fame as well! Mrs. Ringel and Mrs. Morrison both came Thursday and early Friday to help get ready. Mrs. Morrison did the shopping and supervising. Mrs. Ringel got my yard ready and grilled the dogs for us. Several parents donated foods/snacks. A grand time was had by all! The students loved the slide and diving board! I wish I could have felt better and done more, but I really felt loved when everyone chipped in and helped!

I wish I could put everyone into a Hall of Fame who has been helping us out. I can't tell you how much it lifts my spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment