Thursday, August 18, 2011

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate!

My apologies.
The short version of my most recent adventures -
went to Huntsville, went to Gulf Shores,signed Chloe up for kindergarten, Got bad news of a growth splurge, broke a leg, had surgery.

Our trip to Alabama was great! I will post pictures of it at a later time, but for now I'll tell you that pirate cruises rock!

We signed Chloe up for kindergarten at "Altman Kindergarten School" and went school supply shopping. It was just Chloe, Aunt Stac, Uncle Ry, & me. We had a blast and Chloe was super cute! If you ask her if she is excited about kindergarten, she'll tell you :"I'm really excited about school but I sure wich I didn't have to get shots!"
She and Chloe started back to Aunt Beth's full time now so I'm hoping for some gfreat consistency for them.

When we returnrd from Alabama, we went in for chemo. My counts came back REALLY low and I was not allowed to take treatments. I had to go in firts thing Friday moring for a 3 unit transfusion. It was super thoughtful of the infUnion lab poeple to bring us asparkling grape juice and a bowl of fresh fruit for out anniversary!  The other news was that she was sending us back to Chicago. The reports still show shrinkage in the original tumors, but new have come out all over the place.  Stac & Stephen took Chad and me to see Dr. Salgia. He would like to put me in a trial with a well known drug and an experimental drug. He was also concerned about my pain. They order radiation to just the place on my back where a tumor was pressing on a fracture causing my pain. That started Monday.

When I got back home Monday afternoon, I was gathering things to take to my bed to work on.  I found a bag needed in Chloe's room. Sparing gory details, I fell backwards and broke my femur. The break is almost at the ball of my hip so surgery was the only option. I was petrified! They inserted a rod into my leg from my knee to my hip. I am staying here until they all decide I had enough therapy to be able to get along on my own. We decided to look into home health help and ask our friends and family to take turns Schmidgsitting. I will ask Heather the best way to get this on the calender. Feel free to call her too if you want to schmidgsit.

I was so afraid this whole time! Even now, I'm putting off telling the nurse I have to pee because I don't want to have to get up. Whhhaaaat?  It's hard and uncomfortable!
As my sister was hugging me and understanding my fears she told be something very insightful:
You know that verse everyone talks about that God never gives you more than you can bear? It's a great theory, but it's not in the bible. That verse says god will not give you what you cannot handle with out giving His strength to get through. He never intended for us to have nerves of steel. There is no way I could have crawled around on my back trying to find my phone. It was all God being right there with me empowering me to do what I needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment