Sunday, June 5, 2011

Relay

I just want to let everyone know that the Pekin Relay for Life is June 24th. Youth Activities start at 3pm. At 6:30 I will be giving a speech as an honorary survivor and leading the survivor lap. I am thankful for this opportunity to be a witness for my faith! I hope to see you there! Mineral Springs Park lagoon.

I found out this week my best friends nephew has a tumor at the base of his brain. He is 4 years old. It's amazing how many lives can be changed by cancer. The American Cancer Society really does a lot to help people through it. It's a cause worth your time and money!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa : ) I'm new to your blog but wanted to tell you I find you inspiring. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia in December and am now in remission but still battling this awful disease.

    I will be walking in the survivor's walk also for the Relay. I'm sure I'll see you there. : )

    Would love to chat with you sometime! MorrTimes4.blogspot is my blog.


    Kim

    ReplyDelete